Extensive Livestock Value Chain
PAWDEP in partnership with Oikocredit has launched financial services in Value Chain Finance focusing on potato sub-sector. This sector has promoted PAWDEP products and has intensively created room for farmers who are focused on entrepreneurship. PAWDEP is facilitating potato farmers, traders, processors, and marketers who are new or existing clients in production of this precious food crop from planting to its consumers.
A value chain comprises of chain actors (involved in formation, transformation and distribution of the product) and service providers and supporters who facilitate the chain. Major value chain activities include production, processing and marketing.
The extensive livestock value chain comprises of the following:
- Slaughter houses
- All women with a common agricultural activity
- A member of a solidarity group with 5-40 members
- Ready to guarantee others for loans and vice versa
- Over 18 years of age
- Must have available land
- Improved quality of inputs used
- Higher yields
- A better quality of the product
- Improved earnings for all