Domestic Horticulture Value Chain
PAWDEP has launched financial services in Value Chain Finance focusing on horticulture. This sector has promoted PAWDEP products and has intensively created room for the horticulture industry.
PAWDEP is facilitating farmers, input suppliers, transporters, processors, wholesale marketers, retailers and consumers who are new or existing clients.
A value chain comprises chain actors (involved in the formation, transformation and distribution of the product) and service providers and supporters who facilitate the chain.
Major value chain activities include production, processing and marketing.
The domestic horticulure value chain comprises of the following:
- Input suppliers
- Wholesale markets
- All with a common horticultural activity
- A new member
- A member of a solidarity group with 5-40 members
- Ready to guarantee others for loans and vice versa
- Improved quality of inputs used
- Higher yields
- A better quality of the product
- Improved earnings for all